Are CrossFit Insurance Payments Monthly or Annually?
CrossFit is one of the most exciting new lifestyle and exercise programs out there. More than 5 million people in 120 countries are enjoying CrossFit and improving their overall health. In the United States, there are more than 5,000 CrossFit gyms.
If you’re one of the lucky CrossFit gym owners or trainers, then you’re in good company. When you’re a small business owner, you’re always looking at your cash flow to ensure that you can meet all of your financial obligations.
You know that you must carry insurance on your business, and it needs to be an affiliate insurance policy. However, you might want to pay it monthly or annually. But what’s the rule and does it depend on the insurance company?
This guide to a CrossFit insurance policy can help you decide the best options for the needs of your gym:
What Is CrossFit Insurance?
Like any other small business, you need insurance to protect you against any liability lawsuits and cover any damages to your rental property due to unforeseen problems. However, unlike other companies, your gym is licensed through CrossFit, and part of your licensing agreement requires that you carry affiliate insurance, which names not only your gym but CrossFit for coverage.
Since CrossFit provides a license for your gym to use their name, they can be named in a liable lawsuit brought against your gym. CrossFit affiliate insurance helps to protect both your gym and their company and brand name.
Here’s a look at some of the coverage offered by CrossFit Risk Retention Group (RRG):
1. GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
- Per occurrence liability limit – $1,000,000
- Annual aggregate general liability – $3,000,000
- Medical expenses per person – $5,000
- Damage to rented premise limit – $300,000
- Personal and advertising injury limit – 1,000,000
- Abuse and molestationlimit – $100,000
- Products completed operations aggregate – $1,000,000
- Communicable disease limit – $250,000
2. PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
- Professional liability per occurrence – $1,000,000
- Professional liability annual aggregate – $3,000,000
- Communicable disease limit – $250,000
You can’t afford to be without insurance, and we make it easy to get it. With CrossFit RRG, you become part of our community. If your gym has an annual revenue of $125,000, then you can enjoy a policy for only $1,185 per year.
Membership in the CrossFit RRG community is also a must, and you’ll need to pay your $1,000 membership in full within five years and a minimum of $50 a year.
Do You Make CrossFit Insurance Payments Monthly or Annually?
When you choose CrossFit RRG as your insurance provider, you get the benefit of understanding. Not all gyms are in the same financial situation. You can pay your policy premium in one payment or make monthly payments.
When going through the sign-up process, you can talk to one of our reps about the payment arrangement that works best for your gym. However, you need to weigh your options and ensure that you can meet your financial obligation.
How Do You Get CrossFit Insurance?
The process for securing a CrossFit insurance policy is easy when you go through CrossFit RRG. You can handle all the details online or talk to one of our agents over the phone. For the simplest way, follow these steps:
- Apply: After creating an account with your email address and a secure password, you’ll supply the basic information for your company. You may also need to provide some personal information as well.
- Receive a quote for coverage: You’ll receive a quote that outlines your options with the coverage available and the cost of each. It’s a good idea to review these carefully and select the best option for you and your CrossFit gym.
- Finalize your coverage choice and provide a payment method. If you need to pay monthly, you may need to contact an agent by phone.
Our system is designed to save you time and provide you with clear and precise information about coverage and premiums. We always encourage our community to carefully review their quote.
Can You Deduct CrossFit Insurance From Your Taxes?
Yes, CrossFit insurance is tax-deductible as a business expense. While you can’t deduct the full amount you pay from the taxes you owe, you do get to reduce your taxable income by the amount you pay for the insurance.
This can help you pay less to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) each year. If you’re at the line of two brackets, this deduction and others can help you qualify for the lower one, and you want to be in a lower tax bracket.
What Are the Benefits of CrossFit Insurance?
Before you choose an insurance plan and start paying premiums, you want to know that there are benefits for your CrossFit gym. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Legal representation when you need it: If your CrossFit gym is hit with a liable lawsuit, you need an attorney. CrossFit insurance will provide you with a lawyer who will negotiate a settlement or represent you and CrossFit in a court case.
- Protection for your assets: A judgment can leave you on the verge of bankruptcy and strip you of any cash reserves for an accident or injury that happened in the blink of an eye. CrossFit insurance will cover these costs, so your gym’s finances remain healthy.
- Compliance: If your gym is in the United States, CrossFit requires you to carry affiliate insurance as part of your licensing contract. Also, federal, state, or local laws may require you to carry a certain level of insurance.
Finding the right insurance plan is essential for your peace of mind.
Why Should You Choose CrossFit RRG for Your Insurance Needs?
At CrossFit RRG, we know that we aren’t the only insurance provider available to your gym. Here are some of the best reasons to choose us”
- We’re more than an insurance company, and we want you to become part of our community.
- Easy sign-up process.
- Insurance for a variety of end-users, including:
- Understands your industry.
When you’re ready to get coverage or need answers to additional questions, contact us.